Tuesday, March 15, 2011

fam damily

I love, love, love my family, but the idea of spending our one-week vacation for the year with my entire family(parents, siblings, nephews) was daunting to say the least. Obviously, we decided Hawaii was worth it. But the more J and I thought about it the more we really wished at least some of our vacation could be just us in Hawaii. Family had all said they couldn't/wouldn't leave before the 26th. They booked the house for the 26th and it was official. J and I decided to leave two days early(24th) so we could have our "just us" time that we so desired. No one else in the family had booked their flights yet, so we swooped in and booked ours thinking we would come out on top. GUESS WHAT?? My parents have decided to leave two days early so they can be there on their anniversary(25th). I talked to my mom this morning and she says their layover is in Pheonix(great, so is ours....pretty sure we are on the same flight). So, in my last attempt I ask, if maybe they are going to stay on another island until their house is ready on the 26th? NOPE, a hotel in Waikiki. That's where our condo is...... Are you freaking-kidding me, right now?!?!

And, there's no way I can say any of this to them... last time I voiced my opinion about something they got all upset with me.....mom wouldn't talk to me and dad called me and chewed me out for being insensitive and not caring about others and how I really hurt them.

Woe is me!

3 comments:

  1. Geez you've got some odds don't you LOL Don't play the lottery LMAO Yes that does suck. How about go to a diff island and cancel your reservations at that hotel?? Its an idea and you'd bet my DH would make me fig out something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH!!! Okay, it's HAWAII and you and J deserve a little alone time! Can you say "look, we'll spend the rest of the week w/ you jokers, but we really need some R&R for ourselves?"

    Cuz... yeah. that's too much togetherness.

    ReplyDelete

I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness. ~ Mother Teresa & me