Thursday, August 12, 2010

Short story long

This might get a bit long, so pace yourself! :)

I got up at six yesterday morning. Started getting ready and decided to leave early for my interview. I knew it would take over an hour to get there with no traffic, but since it would be during the morning rush hour I decided to leave even earlier. I got there way too early and so I sat in the parking lot waiting. And waiting. My sis called and so we were wasting time just chatting while she was on her way to work. My phone beeped that I had another call. I didn't recognize the number, but answered anyway. It was a guy from the bank saying there was a mis-communication and they had told me the wrong time. My interview was not at 9:30am, but rather 2:30pm instead. I didn't want to jinx myself with getting an attitude so I said it was no problem I was flexible. He thanked me for understanding(I can only assume others gave him a what for about it) but whatever. I decided to drive back home. Then left a few hours later to go back for real this time. I went in and there was quite a few others there as well, we all waited for a little bit and then were ushered into a back room of the bank. There were 14 of us and it was a 2.5 hour, long, group interview. Has anyone ever been to one of those? I didn't even know they did them. I kinda liked it though. I was a little nervous, but not bad, I think I did really well. Others? not so much. We all had to introduce ourselves and then give a 30 second summary of our resumes. Then tell the lady what out 2-year plan was and why we think the bank fits into the plan. She also had some random Q&A's and on-the-spot situations. She then said she was going to leave the room and when she came back, if she called your name, get your belongings and follow her. After a little bit she called 1 person out. About five minutes later, another, until 5 people had left. She then comes back and says, Congratulations, you have made it through the 1st round of interviews! Whew!! Big sigh of relief....I thought we were getting the boot! Oddly enough, there was another lady that is applying for the same location as myself. Her and I are supposed to wait for a call and then have our 2nd interview at the location we are applying for. She said, It might be Friday, Monday or Tuesday. So now I wait on my call.....


Hey? Where ya going? I'm getting to the good part, now. Stick around, just a little longer. I promise it's worth it! =) ....The whole time during the interview, I'm thinking, "I wonder if their insurance covers IVF". Ooohh, the possibilities, I shutter to think! When I made it home last night, J said he wanted to go out for dinner and a movie. He finished working on the truck and we left around eight. Ate dinner and had some time to kill before the movie started so we went into Bar.nes.and.N.obl.e and looked around. Hubby wanted to look for a yacht magazine(he's already planning our retirement) and I was just wandering around. I wanted to get that Sile.nt Sor.oity book, but didn't know what section it would be in. I turned the corner and saw the Co.ncie.ve magazine and picked it up. And that's when I saw it. This month's issue has a list of the top 50 companies to work for that offer stellar IF/Adoption benefits. And GUESS WHAT?? The place I had my interview IS ON THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!! The position is only part-time, BUT they offer full benefits to their part-timers as well!!! I know, I know, this is sounding too good to be true, but what do I have to lose?!?! If I don't get the position, I'll apply at the other 49 places(well, at least the ones that are around here) and hope for the best!!!! =)

See, didn't I tell you the good part was coming up?? I cannot believe how close I could be(if I get this job) to doing IVF again!!! I really, really, really, really, really hope I get this job now!!!!

9 comments:

  1. That's totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I hope with all my might that you get that job and it pays for everything you need.

    God bless you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is great news...!! Good luck with the interview. This might end up being a really, REALLY good thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHMYGOODNESS!!!! All my fingers and toes are crossed for you!!!!

    And, the group interview with the calling people out sounds very Reality-Show-esque. Someone there watches too much TV. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome J!!! GOOD LUCK!!! I think I may have to apply there myself! :)

    I've been to an interview like that once before. Kinda strange! But I'm glad you made it through :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The possibility of good IF coverage is soooo exciting. I really hope you get it.

    I agree with Kitty that group interviews are strange. I've done one before and it was interesting.

    Also, thanks for posting the link to conceive's list of the top 50 companies. I was thinking to myself that I needed to look up the list and then there it was like you had read my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh J I hope you get this!!!!!!!!!! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW that's awesome. My insurance plan specifically says NO A.R.T. coverage.....

    ReplyDelete

I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness. ~ Mother Teresa & me