Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday Shmunday Update

Never heard from my Dr last week about the u/s I had on 8/16. I called over and over and could never get anything more than the answering machine{but not the kind where you can leave a message, it only tells their hours, etc} to pick up. The weekend was miserable, I'm still in pain only now it's more of a all the time pain along with the sharp/stabbing pains. Also, in certain positions that I sit in or lay down it feels like it's bruised along the lower right side of my abdomen and wrapping around to my back. The pain is not bad enough to warrant a trip to the ER, but it's enough to wake me up in the night. This has been going on for 3 weeks now and I am so tired...Tired of the pain, tired of waiting to find out what's causing it and just, plain, old, sleepy tired.

I went to his office first thing this morning to find out what's going on and to try and get my results. The receptionist had me wait{big surprise} a few minutes while she found my chart. Then she tells me, my dr was "out of clinic"{which, I think meant he saw pts, but didn't review any charts}, Wednesday-Friday of last week and should get to it today. Then points to the ginormous stack of charts that he "should" get to and says, "after he reviews your chart the nurse will get in touch with you." FANTASTIC{there really needs to be a sarcasm font}.

7 comments:

  1. (((Hugs))) That is AWFUL. Call and harrass them today until they give you an answer. Tell them you are in a lot of pain and you can't wait another day.

    I'm so sorry you're hurting. I hope they get back to you very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (hugs) I am sorry you're still in pain. Hopefully your doctor will get in touch with you very soon. This must be aggravating to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man that's terrible. I hate it when doctors have so many patients that you are just another "check". Is this your fertility doctor or a regular one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber -This is just my regular doc{dr M}. I did see my gyn{dr H} the other day and he said if dr M doesn't figure it out soon, for me to come back to him and he will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should go to your specialist. It's apparent the other one doesn't seem to care right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh. I hope you get some answers SOON! Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete

I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness. ~ Mother Teresa & me