Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spilling the beans......{long, but worth it}

Ok! I give, I cannot hold it in any longer. Plus, it looks like it's gonna be June before it happens now and I will never make it till then, so here IT is.

Are ya ready?!? .....I guess I should tell you when and where all this came from and then tell you the what. No, that won't work, you'd be far to busy trying to figure out the "what" that you wouldn't be paying enough attention to the "when & where." Right? Oh, now I'm confusing myself! I'm just gonna tell you what it is and then I'll fill you in on the details, etc.

Ok for realsies, are ya ready!?! I know I am.....








!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WE ARE DOING AN IUI IN JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it?? I am so unbelievably happy right now and it is still 2 months out! I am beyond stoked!!! I can't even begin to imagine how happy I'll be if it works!

So let me get down to the nitty-gritty of how we came to this decision.......First off, yes we are still trying to pay off the IVF, but we are finally to the point{I think} where our payment will actually all go to the balance instead of just paying on the interest. Yay!! With me not working and money being really tight, we have been wanting to pay off any extra bills, like the IVF and stupid little loans that we have that may have been okay when we had the extra income, but not now. Well, J and I hadn't even talked about anything IF-wise in a long time, mainly because I knew we didn't have the money and we wouldn't do IVF again until we had paid off the first one or saved/raised enough money to pay cash. A couple of months ago, he brought up the topic and asked what I thought about doing another IUI{we did 2 with my crappy ob/gyn before we had our RE}. For the sole reason of money, or the lack there of rather. J we had enough in our IVF acct to probably do one cycle and if it didn't work he would be fine with trying it a couple more times. He said, when we finally do get the IVF paid off, he doesn't want to turn around and start all over again with a new loan. Neither do I really. It's just so much money and with no guarantee. After we discussed it for awhile he told me to call the RE the next day and make an appointment for a consult. Last week we met with him and he was thrilled with our decision and said he thought the odds would be good if we tried a medicated C. {my other 2 were barely timed and not medicated at all. like I said, crappy ob/gyn} I asked what needs to be done prior including any tests since it's been a few years. He told me I would have to have a CIS which is similar to the HSG but without the x-ray exposure. I had that appt last Monday and boy am I glad that's done with. Oy! I don't remember the HSG being that painful afterwards. They had told me to take 4 Mot.ri.n before bed and 4 more a hour before my appt. What they should have told me was to take an additional 4 that night or the next morning. All night{after the test} my stomach hurt really badly, like an extreme bloated feeling. The next day was awful and I pretty much laid on the couch with my arm pressed across my stomach trying to relieve some of the pressure by pushing it off my chest. It's kinda hard to explain, but if anyone will understand what I'm talking about, it's you. Anyway, by the end of Tuesday the pain was gone. And in case you were wondering my tubes are all clear, which is what I figured.

Now, the reason we are not doing it in May is because the week I am "suppose" to start is the same week we leave for Hawaii. If anything could make a person want to reschedule Hawaii, THIS would be it. But, we have waited eight years, so really what's another month in the whole grand scheme of it? Am I right? I mean, it's Hawaii and if the IUI works in June, I don't foresee a Hawaii vacation soon after. So we plan to keep vacation as regularly scheduled{not that cancelling was ever really an option} and trying an IUI in June!!!!!

I know this is a long post already, but I have one more Awe Moment to share! Hubs doesn't talk much about this{IF, baby, etc}. If I bring it up, I might get an uh-huh, sure, what-ev kinda response. But, that changed the other day.....For a good two years now, he has been looking for a truck to buy. Not just any ordinary truck, he's a mechanic, so he has specifics that he is not willing to settle on, hence the two-year hunt! The main specific is a single-cab, he always said it would be more of a work truck and vacations would be taken in my car/truck. ......The other day we were driving around, running errands, when he asks me if I thought an extended cab would be big enough? Big enough for what, I said? You want a single cab, what are you talking about? And then it happened.....He continues with, big enough for a car seat?!? Oh my gosh! My eyes started welling up with happy tears.....I never thought we would be having the conversation, much less this conversation brought up by him. In that moment, it hit me, that's his way of being excited and he is looking forward to the possibilities even if he doesn't show it very much or incessantly talk about like I do. Ok! Now I'm crying again! It's just so sweet that he thought of that, I love him so much!!! He's the bestest!!!!!!

The truck hunt continues with a slight change......now he's only looking at extended cabs! {I heart him!}

So, that's "the news" sorry to have kept y'all in the dark. But, in my defense we really wanted to not tell anyone and if it worked, just be able to announce that we were PG'ers, but I couldn't hold it in any longer and apparently J couldn't either since his mom and sis now know, but literally no one else{not even my fam} knows a thing. I guess I figure, it's far less people to disappoint if it doesn't work. And as most of you know, it sucks arse to get everyone's hopes up and than have to go through all the "I'm sorry's." I guess I'm shielding myself more than anyone, but that's the way it goes with IF.

Now that you know the "what" what do you think!?!?

7 comments:

  1. OMG, I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!

    It sounds like your hubby has really turned a corner, too. I know how amazing that feels. For years, mine was pretty much the same way - "yeah, whatever you want, uh-huh" and then, I don't know what happened, but it hit him. He wanted a baby and he realized he'd have to be more supportive in the race to get pregnant.

    There were still some burps along the way, but I am SO HAPPY for you right now, J. I hope with all that I have that you get your wish SOON. (((Hugs!)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm excited for you! I hope this IUI is a success so that you won't have to worry about IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you!!! I'm glad you have a good doctor with an actual plan! Hoping and praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Especially for the fact that your hubby is getting excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am so HAPPY for you !!!

    ReplyDelete

I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness. ~ Mother Teresa & me