Monday, April 25, 2011

Amateur, but still pretty good!







I've been watching this show. Actually, hubs and I watch it.....The 1st time it came on, he was all "really? you're gonna watch this?" but after the first episode, he looks at me and says, "I know you already use coupons, but you could step it up a notch!" Ha!

Now, I am no where near as good as these ladies/men, but I went grocery shopping today and did pretty darn good especially for being my first "haul." I got everything I needed for one and a half to two weeks worth of meals/snacks/desserts/drinks. That's everything you see to the right, plus 4 12pks of Co.ke!



Among them included:





  • FREE dozen eggs


  • FREE pkg of strawberries


  • FREE 5lb bag of potatoes


  • FREE bag of chips


  • FREE cheese


  • FREE tomato sauce
I also got:




  • 4lb bag of sugar for $1


  • laundry detergent $1

Now, for the savings.....

Total amount before coupons/savings card: $190.56
Total Savings w/coupons/savings card: $ 73.68
Total OOP{out of pocket}: $ 116.88


That's a 39% savings!!!!!

Obviously, I haven't mastered the art of it, but the people on the show only purchase items that are on sale AND that they have a coupon for. And rarely do they purchase meat or produce. I on the other hand bought a lot of fresh produce and about 10lbs of meat. Lucky for me, my store doubles & triples coupons everyday!! Use that savings along with their savings card and it's a WIN WIN!!







3 comments:

  1. Awesome job, J!!! One of my good friends is a couponing ninja, I love hearing about how much she can save on one trip to the grocery store. Sounds like you're well on your way to ninja status too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish i had your patience i would love to be able to coupon like that!!!

    ReplyDelete

I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness. ~ Mother Teresa & me