Monday, September 26, 2011

Now that we are telling....

Remember that medicated IUI we were going to do in June? Well, it got post-poned due to me not calculating the correct cost. :( ….We wound up doing it in September. That’s this month – YAY!! :)

Let me start from the beginning…..
I started my C on 8/27, {a Saturday of course}, called my RE on Monday, 8/29 and had a baseline sono on Tuesday, 8/30. I also started 100 mg of Clomid that Tuesday and continued it through Saturday, 9/3. The worst side-effect from the Clomid was definitely the hot flashes. OH MY! I was so hot one night; I seriously contemplated sleeping naked on the tile floor in our bathroom! Oh what a sight that would have been!! ;) I had two days off of meds and went back for another sono on Tuesday, 9/6. My biggest follicles were 8, 8, &9 and my uterine lining was a little thin, so they started me on 2mg of Estradiol {estrogen}, twice a day. My next sono was on Friday, 9/9. The follicles had grown to 12, 13, & 16….I think? The doc didn’t utter the sizes this time and I was trying to read the chart upside down while she was talking, so, I could have got one of them wrong! Anywho, they gave me my Ovidrel injection and told me take it the next day, Saturday, 9/10 at 10pm and that the IUI would be done Monday, 9/12 at 10am!!

To be continued…..

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I am on the edge of my seat here! C'mon J, finish the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this to be done in October or did you mix up the dates? I think you mean September. Hurry up and UPDATE!! ;)

    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for bringing that to my attention E! The dates have been fixed.

    ReplyDelete

I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness. ~ Mother Teresa & me