Tuesday, September 27, 2011

4 posts in one day! Aren't you lucky?!?

The first week into the 2WW is almost over! It is now Friday night{9/16} as I type this and I know what you’re thinking… “Your IUI was only 4 days ago, how is the first week almost over?” Well, let me explain it to you like I explained to J…. The weekend is upon us in T-minus 1 hour and everyone knows weekends fly by, especially when you have a lot going on, which we do! ….Tomorrow morning we have to help my dad remove the remaining items from my Mamaw’s house {I sold it in less than three months! Add that to my resume, sukkahs’’! ;)} Then tomorrow afternoon we, and by we, I mean, mom, dad, SIL, BIL, J and myself are having lunch with my sister who is coming in town for all of twenty-four hours for the sole purpose of us meeting “her new someone.” There’s way more to the story than I’m going to go into, but I will say this: sis likes the darker-skinned boys and our dad is a traditional, Baptist, preacher. Did I mention traditional? I think you get the point and so I will leave that subject alone before I offend anyone. So not my intention at all, just wanted you to understand that Saturday may be an awkward-kinda day! Then, on Sunday, J and I are going to go to mom & dads’ church and surprise them with our presence, being that it is their 8th anniversary at that church. Afterwards, I am sure we will all go to lunch and visit with sister a little bit before J and I take her to the airport Sunday night. And now the weekend is over and I’m officially down to one week in the 2WW!! ;)

The second week of the 2WW wait went a little like this.
The day after the IUI I was feeling all sorts of things in my lower abdomen. Nothing painful, but definitely something, this continued for three days. Friday 9/16 I started feeling a little bloated and had sore boobs, but didn’t think much of it as those are normal for me before I start AND they are also side effects from the estrogen & progesterone. On Saturday 9/17 I tested. I knew it was way too early but J wanted me to test, so I did. The faintest second line ever was there, but I was convinced the Ovidrel was still in my system. Sunday 9/18 I was peeing like a race horse every 15-20 minutes. I stopped counting when I reached twenty pee’s and the day wasn’t even over!! Obviously, this got my hopes up a lot, but I was trying to stay calm. After all, I had been drinking a boat load of water every day. I think the drugs were making me extra thirsty. The bloating and excessive peeing lasted a few days, off and on…. And on Tuesday 9/20, I tested again and got my answer. I was right about the Ovidrel still being in my system because it was a BFN. Oddly enough, I was still hopeful, kept telling myself {and J} that the HPT only detects 20mili-something/something-whatev’ and maybe I was at 18 or something! ...Telling myself anything to keep the hope alive!! ;) I was still having symptoms here and there but nothing too out of the ordinary. My body kept telling me A.) I was about to start and it was going to be a doozy (sp) of a C this month or 2.) they were all side effects from the drugs. Friday and Saturday {9/23 &24) I had some unheard of pain on the tops of my upper thighs. I don’t even know how to explain it! When I got out of bed both of those mornings I almost fell and I had to take tiny steps until they “woke up”. But it did not feel like it does when it’s asleep, but more like really, really sore muscles. It only happened those 2 days and only for maybe five minutes each day. It was the weirdest thing! :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness. ~ Mother Teresa & me