Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wednesday's test results

I had the scope/dye test last Wednesday. Everything went fine, as far as the test was concerned and it turns out I don't have kidney stones afterall! However, that means we are back to not knowing what is causing my pain. I'm supposed to call the doc tomorrow(or maybe not, just realized it's a holiday) and schedule a follow-up appt and he said he would try to figure out what other tests he could run to find out what's going on inside me.

When I woke up from the anestesia, I was having pain from where he inserted the scope over to my right side(where it always hurts) but it was more intense. I told the nurse I was hurting and she asked what it was on a 1-10, ten being severe. I said, an eight, so she gave me a dose of morpheine. I remember her asking me again later how the pain was and I said it still hurt but maybe not as bad(I was still waking up from the anestesia) and she said she gave me another dose. Well actually she gave me a total of four doses of morphine, which one would think YIPPEE, but not so much. I was flying high when we left and told hubs to drive thru somewhere so I could eat. He had no prob with that since he was starving. The nurse had even told him to have me eat so I could take my pain meds when I got home. Well, my body had a different idea and only let me eat a couple of bites of my non-greasy, nurse-approved, chicken wrap before I started feeling really sick.

We made it home and I tried to lay on the couch but was in too much pain, ahem, down there. The only way that I could be semi-comfortable was sitting on my knees, with my body all collapsed together. I was fine for a little bit til I had to pee and then it hurt like heck! Laid back down and hubs wanted me to eat, but before I could do that I was back in the bathroom throwing up my chicken wrap. I drank some water, got sick again. Waited a while ate crackers and apple juice, took a short nap and got sick again. Long story...a little shorter, everything I ate or drank that day came back up. I have never been so sick that I couldn't even keep water down.

Dear, sweet, hubby had to run an errand and when he got back he found me laying on the bathroom floor. I think that's when he realized just how sick I was and he called my sis(she's an RN) she then called the answering service and had the on-call doc call me in some Phe.nerg.an suppositories(not fun, but I didn't care at that point). Poor hubby drove to three different pharmacies trying to get that and tylen.ol suppositories before he made it back home around ten pm.....I still felt sick for the rest of the night but didn't get sick again.

Thursday I just rested. And, I am glad to report that I am back to feeling like myself again....complete with the pain in my side. ;)

7 comments:

  1. Omg J... what a mess. I really, REALLY hope they get you sorted out soon. This all sounds so awful. I can't believe you went through that and that still wasn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor girl! I am so sorry. I hope you feel better soon and get this figured out. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GRRR I wish they could figure out what is wrong! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what could be causing all the pain if it isn't kidney stones?

    Hope you find an answer and some relief soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I am so sorry J. I will keep you in my thoughts as they try to figure out what is causing your pain.

    Hope you start feeling better soon !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, what an ordeal. It makes it worse considering you aren't any closer to having an answer.

    Your Hubby sounds awesome!

    Hope you get a quick follow up appt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a horrible day. I'm so sorry!

    They better figure out what is wrong soon and fix it!

    ReplyDelete

I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness. ~ Mother Teresa & me