Wednesday, March 3, 2010

RE-Shampoo-Dog-Rings

But not necasarily in that order! This post is gonna cover a lot of different subjects, hence the title!!

My brother's(the one that died)wife is dating this new guy, has been for awhile now. And, I guess they are talking about moving in together if he can get a job down here. Anyways, the other night she was over and her sister brought up the subject of engagement/wedding rings and my SIL asked me would I be interested in buying her ring(from my brother) if she sells it. I of course, say yes, mainly because of the history of the ring and I would rather it stay in the family. Now I knew they paid a pretty penny for that ring 10 years ago, and I knew she would be fair about the price, plus me and hubby had already said we were going to upgrade our rings for our anniversary this year. So, short story long....She had it appraised and the thing is valued at $9,500 - whoa baby!!! It is a gorgeous ring, the center diamond is a 1.04 carat!!!! It looks kinda like a SUPER-size version of my current ring. Oh and it's platinum, so none of this turning yellowish that my "now" ring does. It is a huge purchase, and more than I initially wanted to pay for an upgrade, but I think I might treat myself to it. Maybe!

The jeweler told her not to take less then seven for it, but she is offering it to me for five. J said, if I want, get it. (reminded me of >T.I's< song, "My chick can have what she want....Long as you got me you won't need nobody. You want it I got it, Go get it I buy it.....)Where was I at, oh yeah... I want it for it's history, but I need to figure out if that is more important than the price. The more I mull it over the more I think, how could I even consider something that pricey that's only purpose is to sit on my finger and look pretty. I might could rationalize the purchase if I knew I was going to make money with it(no I don't mean selling it). What I mean is, J needs a new welder which is about $3,000-$4,000, but he is going to do jobs using it and in turn, make money off of it. So, I don't mind spending the money on that cause I know he can make money with it. A ring on the other hand, not so much! Not to mention, if I'm gonna spend that kinda money on what I want, then shouldn't it be for IVF? Ahh, stupid IF, makes you think you think about purchases in a whole new way. grr!

Which leads me to my next topic.....My RE offered me a one time C at roughly $9,000. He got the pharmacy to donate all my Follistim(worth about $1500) and he took 10% off his fees. I want to do it so badly.....The bill came in for our last IVF and we owe right at $9,500. Is it possible to resent a bill? Cause I do resent this one, a lot! We don't have the money to pay this, much less take out another loan for $9,000. Not even a possibility. We finally catch a break in the price, but still can't afford to do anything about it...SIGH...(shaking head)...SIGH They said the meds expire in 2011, so I have a little time to think about it, but I have a fealing I already know the answer.

Did I tell you my dog is preggo? UGH! Why am I jealous of MY DOG?!?!?!? She has no clue who the father is, got PG without even trying, she'll probably have any where from 6-10(at one time no less) AND, she didn't have to fork out thousands of dollars to get like that. STUPID IF!! If anyone should have IF it should be pets/animals, NOT people!Well maybe teenagers.

In an effort to have healthy, beautiful hair I quit using shampoo. Apparently, when you turn 30 your hair changes and you're not suppose to use sulfates on it. Plus, my hair stylist was telling me she has another client that stopped using shampoo and she said her hair is the healthiest of all her clients. Now I know what you are thinking, How do I keep it clean? Simple really, I use conditioner twice. First time, I massage it into my scalp, and really clean(just like you would shampoo). Then, I use 3-minute miracle conditioner by A.uss.ie, wait 3 mins and rinse. Viola!! I've only been doing it for 2 weeks now, but I have noticed my hair doesn't look oily the day after I wash it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Wow! This got a little long. Sorry about that & if you made it this far, thanks for reading!!

BTW - I finished the recipes for my sister. GO ME!!!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I'd love to see pictures of that ring. I have a platinum ring, hardly as big as that one, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

    I really don't like how IF affects so many aspects of our lives. It's totally not fair that we have to "watch" where we spend money so we can have it for treatments instead. Boo!

    I'm jealous of your dog too.

    Woo hoo! for finishing those recipes. Now you get to go shopping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so upsetting about the IVF. It sucks that it is so expensive.

    It also sucks about the ring. I wish she would just give it you in memory of your brother. I would.

    Everything is such a dilemma and a big heartache. Ugg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry but I lost it when you said your dog was knocked up. I laughed so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "She doesn't know who the father is..." LMFAO!

    Sounds like some tough decisions ahead, J. Praying for peace for you as you make them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree to not wanting to spend that kind of money on a ring. My first marriage my ring was purchased on my own credit card, no less, with out me knowing. He spent 7k for it. When I was despirate for money, I sold it for $1,500, now I regret it. I could have sold it to a family member who would give it back when I had the money to repay, but no, I sold it to my SMIL's mom who won't even consider it. DH says he doesn't want me having the ring back, but I know I will never have anything that nice again. ~sigh~

    I would totally resent that bill too, esp knowing the IVF didn't work out. Its like a constant reminder. If it were me I'd spend the 5k on a new C, screw the ring. Thats how bad I want to be a mom. Material things just don't even matter to me anymore.

    Yes I would be fuming if my dog got KU. Thats so not fair. Even worse, that our government won't help us with a medical condition but they will help all these fertiles on medicaid pop out babies left and right. Seems like there should be some sort of an agreement there. Like we only pay for your first one and then you are cut off. LOL Yeah I'm harsh and bitter, what can I say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, freakin' IF. It really does get in the way of so many things, especially anything that has to do with the almighty dollar.

    I, too, am jealous of your dog!

    I've heard about not using shampoo, I'll probably have to do that at some point too. Your hair doesn't get limp with all that conditioner?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd probably spend the money on a C instead. It's "nice" that she'll give you a break in the price, but c'mon, it's not like she spent the money to buy it. Oh well, jmo.

    Shame on doggy! To not even know the father, tsk tsk! Hate to say, but I'm jealous of her! Really odd show for an IFer to get hooked on, but I watch "1.6 & pre.gna.nt" & it's sad how these little girls just think that the guys are going to fall in line with their "white picket fence, honey I'm home" dreams. I agree, teens should be the IF ones!

    I've not heard of going sans shampoo, but I am switching to natural products & noticing a difference. As the Bu.rt's Be.es people say- if you wouldn't put in in your body, why would you put it on your body? I'm not totally changed over yet, but am replacing as I run out of stuff. I just can't see throwing out the other stuff w/o using it. (i'm frugal, i admit it!)

    ReplyDelete

I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness. ~ Mother Teresa & me