Thursday, November 19, 2009

30-something years old & still feel like I'm in Driver's Ed!

Hubby is the main driver. Most times, whenever we go ANYwhere, he drives. In the off chance that I am driving and he is riding......I feel like I am still in driver's ed!! It's crazy, I know, but he makes me a nervous wreck. I'm sure its cause he has never got used to my driving like I had to get used to his when we first got married, but c'mon!!!!

I guess what I want to know is. Who's the driver.....you or your dh? And, if it is you, does he make you nervous when you're driving??

7 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm a totally nervous when I'm driving and DH is in the car. He tells me what to do too much. So he's the driver.

    The first year we were together he rode in my Jeep 2 times, 2 TIMES in an entire year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubs usually drives, he says I make HIM nervous when I drive! Actually, he says it makes him nauseous, but I think he's just a big baby. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well usually he drives. And he drives SOOO SLOW on I-35. You live in TX, you know I-35. You just don't go 60. Drives me batty!

    But it is somewhere where I totally know where I am going, I will drive. And he makes me nervous and will make all kinds of sounds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not like to drive with my husband in there. He is always pointing out things I do wrong. If he drives, he can swerve and tailgate (not that I do) all he wants! He says he's a good driver, and he is, but he cuts it way too close sometimes. He'd have my head if I did that!

    Yes, it does feel like driver's ed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you are living my life. When we went on vaca, DH insisted that I drive. I really didn't want to b/c I knew exactly what was going to happen. This is what I heard the WHOLE TIME ~How fast are you going? speed up!! slow down! BRAKE! you're in there blind spot. You aren't accelerating smoothly, its making my belly jiggle. You don't have to stomp the brakes.~ I'm sure there is more, but this post would get really long. Since we've bought my SUV as an automatic, DH says there is alot of driving I have to make up for since he drove all our vaca's b/c his car was a stick. So now I have to make up for it. I drove 25hrs on vaca. yes you heard correctly. OMG it was miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DH is the main driver but in the off chance that I do drive, I don't care what he thinks. I actually think I'm a better driver than him, not that he's bad, I'm just a confident driver :)

    When I drive around other people though I get self conscious. Like I don't want to brake too quickly or accelerate to quickly and make a jerky ride for them so I feel like I'm still in Driver's Ed sometimes too!

    ReplyDelete

I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness. ~ Mother Teresa & me