Sunday, May 31, 2009

~ VAY-K-SHEE-ONN~

1st off, I'm sorry it's taken me this long to tell you about my vaca. 2nd, I'm having lots of trouble with my laptop & I can't get the pics to load. But, I didn't want to wait anymore, so here's the rundown on our trip and hopefully I can add the pics soon.


Albuequrque, NM~ We stayed here the first night. No specific reason, it just made a good bre
aking point. Had dinner and went to the mall.

Las Vegas, NV~ We stayed at T.he M.on.te Ca.rl.o for 3 nights. Had a lot of fun, walked way too much, shopped a bit and played a few slots! My favorite thing there was the water show at the Bel.lag.io. It was AWESOME!!! Loved it!! Several times a night, they have a synchronized water-to-music show. I could stay and watch it all night. We didn't see any real shows though, I think that would be fun. Maybe next time!

Santa Monica Beach, CA~Just stayed one night here. Visited LA but was not impressed by either. The weather was cloudy and cold, and the water was ICE COLD - no swimming in the ocean. We did see a seal, that was the best part of being there. I'm fairly certain I saw the "I c.an't be.lie.ve. i.t's no.t b.ut.te.r" guy, not sure. Maybe he has a twin. Too bad I didn't see someone cooler!

San Francisco, CA~ Awesome!!! Would definitely go back! We stayed here for 2 nights, we should've stayed longer. Well, actually it was 20 minutes outside of San Fran, but none the less. We went to Palo Alto, where St.anf.ord College is. That was a cool little town, plus my sis used to live there(Palo Alto not S.tanf.ord.), so I got to see where she lived! We went to C.hin.a To.w.n - and I got 2 wicked cute purses. We also went to the Fi.she.rma.n's W.ar.f and drove across the G.old.en G.at.e Br.idg.e - way cool!! Saw more seals at the wharf, lots more. Saw Al.cat.raz from the bridge, bought my nephews "escaped from a.lca.tr.ez" shirts - too funny!!

Las Vegas, NV~ Came back for 2 more nights on the way home. Stayed at T.he E.xca.li.bur this time, definitely liked the M.ont.e Ca.rl.o much better, but it wasn't bad. 2 stays in Vegas and still didn't win any money--> bummer! And I have no idea where those "free or cheap" buffets are. The only ones we saw were wicked expensive. So, we ate a LOT of P.and.a E.xp.ress, which is weird cause J doesn't normally like chinese food. Hmm.

Albuequrque, NM~ Our last night of vaca - bittersweet!! Out to dinner and back to the hotel ;) ;)


That pretty much sums it up. We came back a few days early which gave us some time before we had to go back to work. We took the boat and spent 3 days out on the lake. The weather was great and the water was even warm enough to swim! We did some fishing and I caught a bass! It was a small one, so we threw it back. Well, J did, I didn't want to touch it. Too slimy & scaley - Ewww!!! I like to fish, but I don't like to touch them and I definitely don't eat fish. Ewww again.

All in all, we had an AWESOME time and I can't wait til' our next vacation!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh sounds like a fun trip! I hope you are able to load your pictures soon!

    I have never been to Las Vegas, but it sounds like there is alot to do there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time! I love Vegas - so much to see! I'd love to stay at the Wynn or Bellagio one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome! Sorry LA was icky, we've been having seriously crummy weather lately. Monte Carlo is my all time favorite Vegas hotel (well, out of the ones I can afford). :)

    That's cool you got to have a few extra days of relaxing at home too. That's always nice. Can't wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun! Amazing how sore your feet can get in Vegas isn't it? I'd LOVE to go back to Frisco some day.

    Looking forward to pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you guys had a blast! I can really only stand a few days in Vegas...sounds like it went perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness. ~ Mother Teresa & me