Saturday, May 23, 2009

NEVER in my life...

What were they thinking? I don't think they thought at all. There's NO way possible a normal human being would do that, had they thought it through first. Or, would they?



~SIGH~



Sorry, let me fill you in. J comes home today(from helping his brother) and says, "my family's stupid, so don't be mad" Whenever a sentence is prefaced with that you know your gonna be mad. Back to what happened - then he says, his brother's wife told him to tell me I have 2 cards over at the house. And he asked, Cards, what for? Get ready here comes the kicker.....and she says, "For Mother's Day." To which J replies, she's not a mother, and she says, "oh I know, but we(her & J's lil' sister) got them for everyone." WHAT???

What in the world?? Are you kidding me?? What are they trying to do to me? It's bad enough not being a mother, but now I'm getting mother's day cards???? How about they just pour salt, lemonade, & vinegar in my open wound? Actually, that would have hurt less than a md card when I'm NOT a mother.

ARGH!!

~SIGH~

What should I do?
a. respectively decline
b. take them & just throw them in the trash when I get home(unread)
c. take them, wait & read them the next time I'm having a bad day, and wallow in self pity

4 comments:

  1. I don't know your in-laws so I can't speak to their intentions. I can understand that you wouldn't want the reminder that you aren't a mother. However, consider that maybe they were trying to be thoughtful and include you.

    I know one of my complaints about mother's day, besides the fact that it is a reminder that I can't have kids, is that I feel excluded. Mother's Day was originally intended as a day to celebrate all women and a way to bring them together. If you need to: think of the day as woman's day and not mother's day.

    If it is just too painful for you to accept the cards respectfully decline. They probably weren't try to make you upset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my vote is to take em and toss em.

    i'm not sure why they thought getting you cards would be a good idea. i'm sure good intentions were there, but maybe not their brains. (((HUGS))) J!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((HUGS))) That does suck!

    I agree with M - take em and toss em.

    People just don't think sometimes :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. I think I will throw them out. I'm sure they didn't intend to hurt me, but none the less.

    ReplyDelete

I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness. ~ Mother Teresa & me