I hosted a quesadilla lunch today and had 3 of my sisters(sister and 2 SIL's) and mom over. One of my SIL is PG and due at the end of October. My other SIL(one that was married to my brother) got re-married in May and announced today she is PG, due in March. After everything she has been through with losing my brother(her husband) I'm genuinely happy for her. Kinda stings that it happened so quickly, but I kinda figured it would. Go figure! .....So the one that's due in October had apparently just bought an economy size box of tampons and then found out she was KU. Tampons were then dubbed "magic" and were given to SIL who got remarried. she had just bought an ovulation kit and found at she was preggors! Now they have some how been dubbed "magical" as well. Then my sister was telling us aboutsone "magical plant" that you're supposed to put by your bed to enhance fertility. I think it's a bunch of hooey if you ask me, but whatev's! Well, they tell me today that they're gonna give me these three "magical" items and see what happens!?!? ....Me, being the smart @$$ that I am, said something to the effect of, "hmm, all these years I've been thinking it was sperm that would be beneficial, but sure y'all go ahead and give them to me. I'll try anything!" Of course we all had a good laugh but seriously do they really think I would've spent $20,000+ already if all I needed was tampons, ovulation kits and a plant? After they all left I had a mini pity party and ate the better part of a chocolate Easter bunny I had found in the pantry, a big fountain coke and four advil. Do I know how to throw a bash, or what? Ha!
In other, semi-related news. I got a job! Of course it doesn't start for 10 months, but SIL has already said she's hiring me as the nanny after her maternity leave is over. So today was good news and great news!
My sister called to check on me(after SIL announcement) and I told her what I repeatedly tell myself. "It's not about me." it's my own little mantra, I use it on a daily basis! ; ) SIL has told me for awhile that she wanted me to be the nanny whenever she did get pregnant, so I've been cheering her on, so I could have a cool job. Well, I asked for it and I got it!
I feel I should add that the chocolate Easter bunny was hallow. Not sure why, but it makes me feel better that I didn't scarf down a ginormous solid chocolate bunny by myself! =\
ReplyDeleteSorry about the announcements. Don't feel bad for the pitty party or the chocolate easter bunny (hallow or not!). The job sounds pretty cool. If you lived by me I'd hire you too!
ReplyDeleteI hate when that kinda stuff happens, good for you for being a smart butt and trying to make light of the situation.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new job !!!
(((HUGS)))
You never know Jayme! J and I have actually talked about moving there! Of course we like downtown area, not sure how far that is from you. But J's work is there too so transferring there is always an option. Be careful what you wish for, it might just happen one day! I know I learned my lesson! Lol =\
ReplyDeleteI don't do so well with those announcements. I've tried the mantra, but it still rips me up a little each time.
ReplyDeleteTake the free tampons, kits, & plant. When all that's left is the plant, everyone owes you a new bunny (SOLID!). ;)